About Me

My photo
I once sold cosmetics for a large manufacturer. I quit more than five years ago, but cannot stop playing in make-up!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Glow Like You Mean It!

The sun is out, the sky is blue and the people of Chicago are sporting flip-flops, hello spring! The first thing I do to shed the winter doldrums is bust out the bronzer. I love the look of tanned, glowing skin. Makes me feel healthier, sexier and downright vampy. I rely on two products to get my glow on - NARS Laguna Bronzer and The Multiple Multi-purpose stick in Orgasm (also by NARS)
Laguna is the perfect bronzer, it has a subtle bronze tone that looks natural on very fair skin all the way up to dark olive skin
Sheer, sheer, sheer is the magic word when working with bronzer. As you apply, better to go too light and build the color than to sport streaks on your cheeks. Roll a short bristled blush brush in the bronzer, tap the loose product off and start at the forehead YES FOREHEAD. Sweep the brush in the shape of a C,from forehead to cheekbone, staying near the hairline, blend with fingertips if necessary and watch the hairline. If your hair is thin near the temples or you are wearing your hair pulled back don"t be afraid to push a little product down into the exposed scalp to be sure the bronzer appears natural.
Next, grab the multiple and swirl onto the apples of your cheeks. Orgasm is the perfect shade, too. It's a fleshy pink that provides the look of a perfect complexion. Use the multiple on eyelids and lips too for a phenomenal finish.
UPDATE: I have now been using this dynamic duo for 3 years and I have to say, they stand the test of time.

Upside: Doozie of a duo for glowing, summer sun skin.
Downside: Perfection comes at a price!
Cost: Laguna Bronzer-$33 and The Multiple -$39 Or you can get the duo in bronzer and blusher combo for $40, but in that form orgasm comes in a powder providing slightly less shimmering highlight.
Find It: at my favorite spot...Sephora!!! or a nice department store counter.

4 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for a post from you for so long! :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what two stress free days off in a row can do for a gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than Mary Kay?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, far more natural and sheer for more buildability.

    ReplyDelete