About Me

My photo
I once sold cosmetics for a large manufacturer. I quit more than five years ago, but cannot stop playing in make-up!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Baby Please Don't Go!

My dear friend, Kristine is currently jobless in Austin, TX. She moved back to TX from Chicago because her husband got a job back in TX and after living separately while she tried to change his mind, she finally had to give up and move. She is totally bummed because she recognizes that Chicago is, in fact, the best-damn-place-to-live (BDPL). So to lift her spirits after this abrupt deportation away from the BDPL, we sometimes shop together on the phone.  It was during one such excursion that she recommended I try one of her new finds: The Liquiline Blast Eye Liner . I have to tell you, I was NOT receptive at first. This is a CoverGirl product and aside from my admiration of their good sense in employing Drew Barrymore, whom I LOVE, I have not been very impressed with their products. I must admit, I am a bit of a make-up snob and vividly recall being totally grossed out by the smell of their "Clean Makeup" branded foundation back in the early nineties and have not been inclined to try new things from them since. But since my friend Kristine had inspired an urge to exert some thrifty sensibility, I purchased this ridiculously inexpensive liner on sale at Walgreens for just $6.
Results: give a big Woot! Woot! to the CoverGirl folks over in Ohio...this eye liner does what a good eye liner should; it goes on easily without a lot of pulling or tugging, it is crazy smooth and can be smudged with the little angled rubber smudger on the end piece and finally, unlike Kristine in the BDPL...It STAYS and STAYS and STAYS.

Upside: a smudgeable pencil eyeliner that stays as well as a liquid (comes in violet, green, black, brown and silver)
Downside: needs a sharpener
Cost: regularly priced around $8.50
Find It: Walgreens, Ulta, your local grocery store cosmetics aisle

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you tried this stuff! I ♥ it. I do wish it didn't need a sharpener, but I even love the smudger thing so it's OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I agree. Chicagoland is the BDPL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cover girl has a twist-up liner that has the same smudger on one end. It sounds similar to the one you are talking about...its not liquid and its not a pencil. Sometimes, you can even get it free with cover girl mascara!!!
    LOVE, MALS

    ReplyDelete