About Me

My photo
I once sold cosmetics for a large manufacturer. I quit more than five years ago, but cannot stop playing in make-up!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Eye Love It!

My first shout out has to go to the gals over at Benefit for their kick-ass coverage. I am completely fascinated by their Erase Paste. I wear this little genius corrector everyday.
While shopping in Indiana with a friend, my internal cosmetics homing device guided  me to the Sephora inside of a JC Penney's. It was such a tiny little Sephora that I was less distracted by my desire to purchase ridiculous eye shadow shades, which I will never wear in public and found myself gazing longingly at the gogeous pink Benefit display end cap. Here I discovered Erase Paste, the answer to my unfortunate dark under eye circles.

This little pink pot contains a creamy, smooth concoction that I find best applied with a tiny concealer brush. The color has a sort of melon undertone that really counter-acts deep discoloration to hide my dark circles and brighten my skin.

I figured out right off that a teeny-tiny bit goes a very long way, so I dip my brush in, then use the inside edge of the pot to flatten it into the bristles and thin it a bit. I smooth it on with the brush and then blend with my fingers, being especially careful to keep all the blending on the discolored part of the under eye.

Upside: great coverage, no fading and fabu brightening
Downside: must be set with powder of some sort
Cost: $26 - (but lasts forever)
Find It: At Sephora, Ulta, The Benefit Bar in Macy's or at a Benefit Boutique (I'm fond of the one on Armitage, just a few blocks west of Halstead across from the LUSH store)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Fancy! This Erase Paste sounds like a great jewel to have in every ladies bag of tricks! I'm definitely going to remember this next time I'm out shopping for make-up. <3

    ReplyDelete